Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Best bike shop in the city

Today Omnium Bike Shop opened its doors to the public for the first time. 

I was so excited about it, that I rushed off after work over to the shop, forgetting to get gas. This ended poorly, with me on the side of hwy 280. Fortunately one of my trusty cycling friends had driven her car, and was able to bring me to the gas station, saving me a walk along the side of the highway.

I was pleased to hear that I was pretty much on her way home, and also that she was just leaving Omnium, as I was going (busy, busy!).

Finally, I made it to the shop. I've been there plenty of times before, but today was the first time seeing it as it is now, a real bike shop in a great building. Bikes were on display (one of every model they carry), shoes were out, tubes, tires, helmets, all ready to be purchased. It was a great feeling to see the shop look so complete. 

There was tons of people there, new random customers dropping in (the opening wasn't advertised, just a soft one - don't worry, there'll be a grand opening shindig soon). Active cyclists congregated, all happy to see the shop, talk about riding, and ogle the bikes. It was all a really positive experience.

I'm super stoked about riding, and the season in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment